Thursday 16 February 2017

DO SMALL THING IN GREAT WAY.

“If you cannot do great things, Do small things in a greater way. ~ Napoleon Hill

Early in the morning the beep of my phone time and again rang in peak near my ear drum made me pissed off and so irritating. It was so difficult for me to open my eye and to see where the call was actually from and deep in my mind I thought that call won’t be that significant than of my sleeping beauty. It happened all due to my passion of watching UEFA Championship League live from 1 am till morning 3.30am the previous night. I was very disappointed by the performance of the team which I was supporting (Arsenal) it was well thrashed by the opponent.

However I just manage myself to slight off my phone screen and said, hello with a cracking sound. It was from the custom sir who is really in need of blood for the Bhutanese patient at Kolkata, Tata hospital where the Cancer patients are treated. He was asking me in his soft and touching voice for the blood donation whereby I reluctantly told him that I will see without any thought of sympathy and empathy and I drive back to my sleep. After a few minutes , my sleeping mind was dwindling as the thought  of positivity in my mind was rushing towards the sense of humanity and the feeling of empathy glitters in my heart automatically makes my eyes open.

To that, again the beep of my phone rang and this time it was from my senior mate. He was again with the same matter about the blood donation and he was saying that he is going for the donation and asking me to coming along with him. On this, I accept his request with much zeal as we have to learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life , we have to be the light that other see, it is what gives life its deepest significant. As happiness doesn’t result from what we get, but from what we give. The sense of positivity collide in my brain that it come to that extent, Even  I sometime think that blood is meant to be circulate, let it circulate so let us pass it around …that’s crazy….

But back at my mind I was quit worrisome whether my blood is regain or not as I have donated blood 4 mounts ago, before leaving for vacation. Being vegetarian it’s quit challenging for me in this kind of task as we don’t get fresh and organic vegetables, fruits like in our country. As the flow of positivity hinder my thought that isn’t anything, that isn’t any big issue to me so I decided and was making myself ready to donate. I prepared breakfast had it and start my journey towards the hospital. “No one is useless in this world that lightens the burdens of another.” ~Charles Dickens      
I consider I am one of them lol…

We can’t help everyone but everyone can help someone. The moment we reach at hospital we directly went to the blood bank section as we know all the procedure as it will be my third time donating and my senior more than me. The patient mother who is in over tense was anxiously waiting for us to come and donate. The moment we enter the blood bank she was so happy and overwhelm seeing on us. We were checked and luckily I was capable of donating as I got a hemoglobin 14 liters. Every procedure was taken and finally donation of blood was done.


She was awfully very much grateful and thankful to us and she was wordless to thanks us. I was extremely proud of myself that it was my personal philanthropy move. It was benevolence which drives away her melancholy to some extent. She took us to hotel and was served us with lunch and finally back to room and took rest. I obeisance wished and pray our almighty god to blissful blessed for earliest recovery form the disease, cure everything and heal all the worries and tense that his family are facing right now.






WE MUST COME FORWARD AND DONATE BLOOD AS IT CAN MAKE SURE THE RETURN OF A DYING MAN AGAIN INTO THE LIGHT OF LIFE.

No comments:

Post a Comment